There are ten days to go before the world tunes in to watch Super Bowl XLV111 which will be played for the first time in a cold weather venue open to the elements.
That being said here are my thoughts on the Patriots as they watch with the rest of us.
- Has Julian Edelman worn the flying Elvis for a final time?
- New England Patriot coaches are bolting for other opportunities left and right, have they seen the handwriting on the wall that the Patriots are about to enter a period of mediocre seasons?
- Bill Belichick came off as a crybaby during his press conference re the Welker hit. How about taking responsibility for the loss by explaining your failed game plan to go deep and abandon the running game?
- Was 2013 Brady’s finest season as a New England Patriot quarterback? The talent that he had to work with was certainly substandard at best, yet he guided the team to one win away from a Super Bowl appearance.
- The Patriots have seven draft picks in 2014. Will they pick up a stud receiver or go after a DT that can help Vince Wilfork who is coming off a devastating achilles injury, tough to come back at his weight and age.
- Will Mallett be traded for another draft pick, or will he again be relegated to the bench and watch Brady?
- When will Gronkowski return to the field, and more importantly can he stay healthy in 2014?
- Can Josh McDaniel resist the temptation to bolt to Cleveland?
- Has the point after gone the way of the drop kick? Why not use the Drop Kick as your point after?
- The Patriots opponents in 2014 had a .515 winning percentage in 2013 so be prepared for another division championship, only to be disapointed in the playoffs.